Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I'll Take "MORE Stuff Len Created" For $1000, Alex

Well, they've done it again. Last night, my lovely wife and I were worshiping as we do every night before the anointed altar of Jeopardy! (and, hey, howcum so many of the things I blog about here -- Reprise!, Strike Up The Band!, Jeopardy! -- all end in exclamation points, anyway?) when my jaw went slack with wonder. The first category host Alex Trebeck announced for the initial round of questions was DC Comics. I perked up immediately. On the show a few months ago, most of the categories in Double Jeopardy were named after several of my X-Men characters, specifically, Wolverine, Storm and Colossus. Could they possibly be planning to play in my sandbox again?

The answers to the five questions were all pictures of DC characters; The Penguin was the $200 answer, Plastic Man the $400, Green Arrow was $600, Robin/Dick Grayson took $800, and the final $1000 answer was a lovely Steve Bissette/John Totleben illustration of a certain muck-encrusted mockery of a man with whom I've had some small acquaintance.

"How'sa Bayou tell us the name of this slimy, half-human DC character?" asked Alex. The reigning champion rang in, answered "Swamp Thing" and it took Christine five minutes to wipe the silly smile off my face.

Seriously, I cannot begin to tell you how honored I am that my creations have become familiar enough to the general public to be used as game show answers, not to mention on my favorite game show. To the question writers of Jeopardy!, my deepest thanks.

I think it'll be when I see Brother Voodoo or Lucius Fox as Jeopardy! answers that I'll really have to start worrying.

1 comment:

Marcos said...

I think it'll be when I see Brother Voodoo or Lucius Fox as Jeopardy! answers that I'll really have to start worrying.

Lucius seems pretty likely to show up. As a featured character in B:TAS, Batman Begins, and now The Batman, his Q rating is on the rise.

As for Brother Voodoo . . . well, good luck with that. :)