Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thank God It's Finally Here!

Well, after the longest campaign in modern history (I think it began the day after the 2004 election), today is Election Day! Get up, get dressed, get out, and vote! If you expect long lines at your local polling place, bring along a book or something else to keep yourself entertained while you wait. If it's raining or snowing or you're experiencing a monsoon, put on your favorite galoshes and your best yellow raincoat, pull the collar close and brave the storm. There is no excuse for not voting. None. Not even death. Hell, in Chicago, dead people have been known to vote all the time.

I hope, like me, you'll vote for Barack Obama and give change a chance and, if you happen to live in California, you'll vote a resounding NO on propositions 4, 8, and 11, but even if you vote the other way and we completely cancel out each other's ballot, VOTE!

It's your privilege as an American. It's your duty as a citizen. And, as Florida in 2000 and Ohio in 2004 so vividly proved, every single vote matters.

Go! Get out! Get Busy! Make me proud!

Remember, Captain America died for our sins.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear mr. Wein

Hi!
My name is Marcelo, I'm a comics fan from São Paulo, Brazil.
In the late 1990s, I bought a complete set of the Famous Comic Book Creators cards collection published by Eclipse Comics.
Since then, I've been trying to collect the autographs from these artists. Some of them I've had signed in person (when the artists came to Brazil) or by mail, after contact them via e-mail; others I've bought on eBay:

- Will Eisner
- Norm Breyfogle
- Steve Rude
- Bob McLeod
- Rick Geary
- Jim Starlin
- Joe Simon
- John Romita
- Howard Cruse
- Martin Nodell
- Larry Marden
- Bob Burden
- Dick Ayers
- Brent Anderson
- Mike Baron
- Marv Wolfman
- George Perez
- Sergio Aragonés
- Matt Wagner
- Erik Larsen
- Trina Robbins
- Carl Potts
- Moebius
- Stan Sakai
- Julius Schwartz
- Steve Englehart
- Todd McFarlane
- Charles Vess
- Timothy Truman
- Paul Chadwick
- Bryan Talbot
- Ron Frenz
- Tom Yeates
- Marc Hempel
- Paul Mavrides
- Mark Wheatley
- Paul Gulacy
- Sam Kieth
- Lela Dowling
- Beau Smith
- Bill Reinhold
- Gilbert Shelton
- Dan Spiegle
- Chuck Dixon
- Clive Barker
- John Bolton
- David Wenzel
- Bill Griffith
- David Lloyd
- Fed Burke
- Roberta Gregory
- Kerry Gammill
- David Chelsea
- James Hudnall
- Diane Noomin
- Matt Feazell
- Frank Cirocco

Now I'm asking you to sign for me the card #34, featuring you.
If you are willing to sign it, please let me know if there is any charge, and to which address I should ship the card.

Thanks for your attention, and best wishes,

Marcelo Alencar
jakutinga@uol.com.br
marceloalencar66@gmail.com

PS.: Sorry for post this message here, but I don't know any other way to contact you!

Eric Curtis said...

Just found your blog of at Ken Levine's. I got into comics about a year ago, and I love The Swamp Thing!

I completely agree with you about the election. I'm very glad Obama won, but it being over comes in second.

Now the 24 hour news networks can get back to pretty missing white girls stories again.

*half joking*