Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Okay, I'm Blushing

Is it vainglorious of me to be pleased as the proverbial punch that, in last week's Entertainment Weekly, visionary film director Guillermo Del Toro (Chronos, Hellboy, the Oscar-winning Pan's Labyrinth, and the current mind-blowing Hellboy II: The Golden Army) listed as his number one influence in becoming a director the Swamp Thing comic run by the impossibly-talented Bernie Wrightson and your Humble Blogger, mentioning the two of us by name, even.

Well, is it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

if guellermo del toro screamed obscenities at me about my mother for eating popcorn and breaking his concentration in a theatre showing NIGHT OF THE LEPUS, i would be happy to know he was aware of my existence.

Mike Everleth said...

Len, I saw that EW mention and I don't know if you're planning to see Hellboy II or not, but in it there's an "elemental monster" that's CLEARLY a homage to both Swamp Thing and Paul Pope's THB

Unknown said...

I don't think it's vainglorious at all. It's a justly deserved shout-out. I love your Swamp Thing. Glad to know Guillermo del Toro does too!

Anonymous said...

I saw that when it came out! Congratulations!