Friday, April 6, 2007

Looks Like All of You Were Right

Okay, so very early this morning Showtime Beyond aired what it claimed would be The Hills Have Eyes 2, the current installment in the franchise that is still playing in theaters, and, as many of you had predicted, what they actually showed was The Hills Have Eyes Part II, the 1985 sequel to the original film. So Showtime's listings were wrong. So what else is new?

Based on the generally terrible reviews for the current film, I'm not sure if I should consider myself a winner here or what?

But since so many of you asked, just thought I'd let you know.

2 comments:

Mike Everleth said...

Thanks for letting us know. I don't get Showtime, so I couldn't look myself.

I'm just wondering how such an obvious mistake got by a) The Showtime Beyond listings editor and b) the TiVo listings editor responsible for the channel.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering the same thing. I just saw that it was going to be on Sho Beyond tomorrow night. I was wondering how a movie, no matter how bad it was or did at the box office, could bypass the entire dvd/ppv process. I thought maybe Showtime paid tons of money to air it sooner (but why that of all movies?). The error makes much more sense, although, agreed, it isn't a very good job by them.