Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Poster Posting

Over the years, there have been a lot of terrific movie posters with a lot of terrific tag lines. Remember lines like "Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water" or "In space, no one can hear you scream" or "This summer, the coast is toast" or... well, you get the point.

My favorite poster for one of this summer's upcoming blockbuster movies is currently slapped on the sides of city buses all over Los Angeles. It's a wide black banner with bold white lettering that reads: Yippee Ki Yay, Mo though the 'O' is cut off in mid-letter. On the bottom right corner of the banner in much smaller lettering of the same type, the banner reads: John 6:27 as if it were a Biblical passage, when in fact it's the name of the speaker, and the release date of the film.

Anyone who does NOT know which film the banner is talking about, just leave me a comment here, and I'll fill you in. Oh, and any of the rest of you, if you've got a particular favorite movie poster tag line you think should be shared with the group, please feel free to let us know. That's a big part of the fun of a blog like this.

3 comments:

Michael said...

"A Long Time Ago, in a Galaxy Far, Far Away..."

"You'll Believe a Man Can Fly"

alan0825 said...

Len,

I've always loved your work. Thanks for the chance to write. One of my favorite tag lines for a movie was the original poster for 'Blazing Saddles'....Never Give a Saga an Even Break'

Alan Hinton
alan0825@socket.net
www.blog.myspace.com/alan0825
www.blogger.com/alan0825

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know how to stop a person from subscribing to your status ?? I remember seeing an option that says "allow friends to subscribe to status" but I can't find it and I'm not looking to block one person from seeing my statuses I know how to do that I'm looking to stop someone from receiving a notification every time I update my status because I have a friend and every time I update it, somehow he finds out right away and I look to see if he's online but he's not and it's really friggen creeping me out !!!!!!!!!!!! So if anyone can help please, thanks to any and all answers ! :)

__________
[url=http://darmowetapety24.blogspot.com]Tapety[/url]