Wednesday, October 3, 2007

So THIS is What Must-See TV Means!

A quick heads up before tonight's TV viewing begins. If you're not gonna be home or even if you are, set your Tivo or VCR or wax tablet to record my absolute favorite new series of the season, Pushing Daisies! This is a series that is not quite like anything else you've ever seen before on TV, sort of a mix of Tim Burton and Lemony Snicket meet Six Feet Under, and that doesn't even begin to do justice to the series. Some of you may find something that occurs during the first few minutes of the show a little unsettling, but please stick with it. I promise you everything works out for the best.

Pushing Daisies is the sort of series that will either be one of the season's biggest hits or biggest ratings disasters, which is why I'm pushing for you to watch it now and help, if you can, with the ratings. I think this series worth the time and effort. I hope you will too.

Watch it tonight and let me know what you think, okay?

3 comments:

Michael A. Burstein said...

Now, that's enthusiasm!

As it is, we're already set to record and then watch.

kathy said...

Any idea to find Canadian overnights? (it aired in Canada last night).

Yes, yes, yes. I've been spreading word of mouth as fast as I can. Bryan Fuller has long been writing the only methadone I could find for my Joss Whedon addiction withdrawal pangs. :) I loved Dead Like Me and Wonderfalls and (I know, I'm weird) I only tuned into Heroes when I heard he and Jeph Loeb were on staff (Fuller wrote "Company Man", btw. One wonders what the effect of his no longer working on Heroes will be).

Everybody's prognosticating a short run, probably because we're conditioned to having wholly original shows we love this much getting yanked out from under us. But I live in hope. It's ABC and not Fox. And not the Friday night slot o' death. And ABC will be streaming it on the website so folks can catch up if they join the party late.

Reports from the Comic-Con presentation (it was 9am on Saturday, so I couldn't make it) said that yes, Kristin Chenoweth will get to sing, they gave out pie, and Sonnenfeld's directing three of the thirteen ordered episodes.

Dr. K said...

This pilot indeed lived up to your hype--it totally took me by surprise how thoroughly enjoyable this show was. I hope word of mouth spreads on this series to build enough of a following to keep it on.